- KEEP Summer Newsletter LICENSED TRAINERS The NIS is very excited at the growing number of KEEP Licensed Trainers that operate here in the UK, increasing the...
- SCIE findings in relation to NIS programmes have been published The SCIE has published their findings in relation to Models of care and care pathways to support the mental health and wellbeing of looked...
- Fostering Fortnight: In recognition of Fostering Fortnight we would like to share feedback from carers who recently completed KEEP Safe in Somerset. “...
Setting up a programme
Enquiries about setting up a new KEEP programme in the UK should be made directed to Jo Warburton.
Where organisations are considering setting up KEEP the following areas should be given consideration:
Foster and kinship carer cohort
- do you have a pool of carers with children in the programme age range to establish and sustain KEEP within your authority/agency?
- what other training is offered to your carers
- will KEEP complement or duplicate?
- each KEEP group requires a lead facilitator who is in charge of the programme delivery and a co-facilitator
- facilitators should be experienced in working with foster families and with social learning theory approaches
- each area should also have a supervisor or manager who has overall responsibility for the programme, making key decisions, providing supervision and covering for the facilitators when needed
- sufficient time needs to be allocated for consultation and supervision, weekly telephone calls to carers, audit and fidelity data collection, and home visits to carers unable to attend a session in addition to direct group delivery
- a minimum of approximately three days total staff time a week is recommended
- KEEP groups will require a consistent venue which can hold 15 people comfortably
- a laptop with an integrated camera is essential for recording the groups. These recording are uploaded onto a secure website
- to enable timely access to the KEEP FIDO website (secure website for recordings) we recommend a named link within your IT Department
- a small budget for refreshments, programme materials and carer incentives will be required
Enquiries about setting up a new KEEP programme in the UK should be made to Jo Warburton, who can be contacted via e-mail, or on 0161 2033264