- KEEP's commitment to improving carer's mental health "In recognition of World Mental Health Day 2017, KEEP promotes positive mental health by exploring skills and strategies which reduce...
- World Mental Health Day 2017 Mental health in the workplace is the theme of World Mental Health Day 2017. The overall objective is to raise awareness of mental health...
- KEEP Summer Newsletter LICENSED TRAINERS The NIS is very excited at the growing number of KEEP Licensed Trainers that operate here in the UK, increasing the...
Setting up a programme
Enquiries about setting up a new KEEP programme in the UK should be directed to Jo Warburton.
Where organisations are considering setting up KEEP the following areas should be given consideration:
Foster and Kinship Carer cohort plus Special Guardians
- do you have a pool of carers with children in the programme age range to establish and sustain KEEP within your authority/agency?
- what other training is offered to your carers?
- will KEEP complement or duplicate?
- each KEEP group requires two facilitators with experience in working within foster care and with groups. A willingness to deliver a manualised programme is essential.
- each area should also have a supervisor or manager who has overall responsibility for the programme, making key decisions, providing supervision and covering for the facilitators when needed.
- sufficient time needs to be allocated for consultation and supervision, weekly telephone calls to carers, audit and fidelity data collection, and home visits to carers unable to attend a session in addition to direct group delivery.
- a minimum of approximately 0.5 WTE of staff time a week is recommended.
- KEEP groups will require a consistent venue which can hold 15 people comfortably.
- a laptop with an integrated camera is essential for recording the groups. These recordings are uploaded onto a secure website.
- to enable timely access to the KEEP FIDO website (a secure website for recordings owned and managed by Oregon Social Learning Center) we recommend a named link within your IT Department so that technical requirements will not delay the running of your groups.
- a small budget for refreshments, programme materials and carer incentives will be required.
Enquiries about setting up a new KEEP programme in the UK should be made to Jo Warburton, who can be contacted via e-mail, or on 0161 2033264